Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Prime Suffering Years

This post is inspired by the Recent Conversations of The Cachinnator.

Friday night verbatim text conversation with a 12-year-old student (boy), whom I'll call Z. He's a very witty, sarcastic kid who loves to banter, and I typically oblige. (Note: I am generally opposed to texting with my students. I'm not one of those teachers.)

Z: Hey Misc. R, its z
Misc. R: What? How the heck did you get my #?
Z: Cause I'm kool like that haha
Misc. R: Right...
Z: Haha I'm at (my asst prin)'s house
Misc. R: You boys need to get a life...Kinda sad that you're texting a teacher on a Friday night.
Z: I got it from Mr. (asst prin)'s phone geez rude. (Confirmed later this is not where he got it, but I have a feeling I do know where.)
Z: Might I ask what you are doing tonight haha
Misc. R: No you may not
Z: Ok This is a little weird see ya

Aaahhhh....seventh grade boys. Love 'em, hate 'em, glad I never was one.

4 comments:

  1. I was one... but I never texted teachers. Of course... there was no texting back them. There were no cell phones. Actually, none of us even had pagers. But, still! I wouldn't have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, did ya get creeped out at all? And the fact that he lied about where he got the number...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, it didn't creep me out at all. He's a really good kid. His friend used to "date" one of my cheerleaders, so I'm pretty sure that's where they got the phone number. I think he just didn't want to rat her out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It still freaks me out when good kids end up with my number. By the way, you win the prize for the longest blog URL!

    ReplyDelete