Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It Ain't Easy Bein' Red

I wanted to expose a glimmer of my neuroticism. (See "Shirley" post regarding my destiny.)

As is obvious by my blog moniker, I have red hair. Not just red hair. Red hair with fair skin and freckles. Here's what happened when God created me. 

God: "Hmmm...I need to create one perfect poster child for skin cancer. But who can that be? Ahhh...I know. Sweet Miscellaneous Redhead. She won't get picked on enough as an awkward elementary school kid, so I'll add the fear of Myself and skin cancer into her worries along with just a dash of family history to top it off!" (note: When this creation happened, I don't believe He'd quite mastered the fine art of proportions yet considering my top and bottom halves.)

So, I'm basically a little neurotic, perhaps obsessive, when it comes to my hair and skin. To quote Will and Grace (don't worry, you'll get used to it), my hair is half my personality. See pic below showing just how much I like hair products. Granted many of these are empty, and I just leave them here until I'm ready for one mass rinsing before putting them in the recycle bin (yet another obsession).

And now for the skin. I decided that since God did not grant me the ability to tan, I am going to make damn sure that when all the current tanned folk look like leather handbags, my skin will look like the lily-white ass of a newborn...with a few freckles of course. This doesn't even show you my Smithsonian-worthy collection of sunscreens of every shape, size, scent, and spf.



Not the most interesting of posts, but perhaps as insightful and eye-opening as if they'd done an E! True Hollywood Story on the life of a redhead.


No comments:

Post a Comment